The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Edward Huws Jones and others.
Carefully selected by Cathy Elliott, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 2 double bassist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
Each volume contains:
• a diverse collection of pieces, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
• grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
• brand new sight-reading and improvisation activities
• newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
• a piano accompaniment booklet
Packaged with audio containing full performance demonstrations and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.