CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
As the Editor, you will work in the Boosey &Hawkes Editorial Department, responsible for the creation and maintenance of performance materials (sheet music) of works published by the New York office of Boosey & Hawkes. Supervised by the Senior Director of Editorial, the Editor works directly with a select group of composers, engraving and maintaining their scores and parts as necessary.
What you'll do:
• Edits music files using software programs that the assigned composer uses to compose
• Proofreads music before it gets performed or sold
• Hires and supervises freelance copyists for new large works with strict performance deadlines
• Revises/Corrects music files with revisions and corrections from the composer
• Corresponds with assigned composers especially during new commissions
• Keeps files up to date on composer revisions by correcting files and alerting all offices of the changes and the need to reprint before the next performance
Apply for this job online.
What you'll need to succeed:
• Degree in music with demonstrated skills in score reading
• Superlative skills in music notation software: Sibelius, Finale, SCORE, Dorico
• Music Proofreading experience
• Comfortability with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and design software for cover design
• Extreme attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.